How do I make a complaint on a Police Officer?
If you feel that an Idaho Falls police Officer has not treated you fairly or you would like to complain about his or her actions, call the shift Lieutenants’ office at 208-612-8610. You will be able to speak with a supervisor who can explain the complaint process to you.

We do not take 3rd party complaints. The person making the complaint must be someone directly involved in the Officer’s actions or the parent of a juvenile involved. If you are not satisfied that the complaint was handled properly, Chief Roos would like to hear from you directly. He can be contacted at 208-612-8660.

Show All Answers

1. I had a positive encounter with an Idaho Falls Police Officer. How can I compliment him or her for a job well done?
2. How do I make a complaint on a Police Officer?
3. Why do they ask so many questions when I call the police?
4. I'm intimidated by officers, would they mind me saying "hello" to them or shaking their hand?
5. If I get arrested, does the officer have to read me my Miranda Rights (Warning)?
6. If I am questioned by a Police Officer after being stopped on the street, do I have to answer his questions?