Please review the Parking & Exiting Map for recommended parking areas based upon your destination following the fireworks. Routes in and around Idaho Falls will be restricted, but certain parking lots will allow for faster exits to certain locations. Due to increased number of people in the city, remember to remain patient in slow-moving traffic.
- Slow down
- Watch for pedestrians and bicyclists
- Obey all traffic laws, special holiday parking and traffic restrictions
Drivers should not:
- Attempt to go around or move cones or barricades
This information, along with other Independence Day information is on the homepage of the city’s website.
The road closures listed below go into effect at the time shown and will reopen when traffic exiting the Melaleuca Freedom Celebration has sufficiently cleared.
- Milligan Rd. South of 901 Pier View Dr. is currently closed and will reopen on Thursday, July 5 at 12 p.m. (noon).
- Beginning at 6 a.m. on July 4th:
Full road closures:
- Snake River Pkwy between Pier View Dr. & South Snake River Pkwy
- Snake River Pkwy between Pioneer Rd. and Utah Ave.
- Sunnyside Rd. between Snake River Pkwy and Pioneer Ln.
- Pioneer Rd. near Pioneer Dr.
- Lochsa Dr.
Note: There is no on-street parking allowed anywhere on Snake River Pkwy.
- Milligan Rd.
- Pioneer Rd. South of Snake River Pkwy
- Beginning at 10 p.m. on July 4th: Portions of the following will be closed in preparation of traffic exiting the fireworks:
- Interstate 15 at Sunnyside Rd. (Exit 116) off-ramp closures for northbound and southbound exits (on-ramp closures will be open).
- Pancheri Dr. & Utah Ave.
- Pioneer Dr. & Pioneer Ln.
- S. Yellowstone Hwy (26) at 19th Street
- Pancheri Dr., East of Skyline Dr.
- W. Sunnyside Rd., near I-15 interchange
- Utah Ave. & Pioneer Rd.
- W. Broadway Street & Yellowstone Ave. (Highway 26)
- Pancheri Dr. & S. Yellowstone Hwy (Highway 26)
- Pancheri Dr. & Capital Ave.
- W. Sunnyside Rd. & S. Yellowstone Hwy (Highway 91 westbound)
- W. Broadway Street & Memorial Dr.