HK Contractors will begin several construction projects on Wednesday, July 26. The construction schedule will affect only a portion of the existing roadways at one time. The anticipated project duration is two months.
- Riverside Drive, north of Temple Place
- Woodruff Avenue & 1st Street Intersection
- 25th Street – Channing Way to Barbara Avenue
- Science Center Drive & Elmore Avenue Intersection
- W. 17th South – Stosich Lane to Newman Drive
- Willowbrook Addition – Between N. Boulevard and N. Lee
- E. Shelley Street – east to Holmes Avenue
Barring any unforeseen conditions, all local businesses will be accessible during construction.
Night closures may be needed at the intersection of Science Center Drive & Elmore Avenue and on 25th Street between Barbara Avenue & Channing Way.
Construction activities include roadway excavation, removal and replacement of existing ADA ramps and curb at intersections, adjusting manholes and water valves, milling existing asphalt, and placing asphalt overlays.
Please watch for equipment and workers, follow all traffic signs and flaggers, and reduce speeds to posted limits.
For questions, call HK Contractors at (208) 523-6600.
Additional information on City of Idaho Falls construction projects can be found on the homepage of the city’s website or by clicking HERE.
Media Note: For more information or to schedule an interview with city staff, contact Public Information Officer, Kerry Hammon.