The Idaho Falls Zoo will be open daily 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
“We couldn’t be more thrilled to safely reopen the zoo and welcome our wonderful patrons back for another great season,” says Zoo Director David Pennock.
- The zoo entrance is being modified to accommodate social distancing and the number of people inside the zoo at any one time will be limited. See the zoo’s social media feeds on Facebook, Instagram, and the zoo’s website for the most up-to-date information.
- The zoo gift shop will be closed until further notice. However, you can still get those great zoo souvenirs! Select merchandise will be available via a temporary mobile gift shop near the front of the zoo.
- While in the zoo, patrons are expected to respect social distancing at all times and remain at least 6 feet away from other zoo guests to which they are not related.
- All in-person education programs including EdZOOcation camps and classes, the Penguin Interaction Program, Meet a Zookeeper talks, Behind the Scenes tours, and public penguin feedings will be canceled until further notice.
- Zoo representatives will wear masks whenever they’re in direct contact with the public. Zoo guests are encouraged, but not required, to wear masks.
- For the safety of the animals as well as visitors, the goat yard and petting areas of the Children’s Zoo will also be closed to the public. However, guests are still encouraged to walk around the Children’s Zoo and enjoy seeing those animals.
- Zoo memberships will ONLY be available for purchase online, not at admissions. We hope you’ll support your zoo by purchasing a membership online. Once your online purchase has been verified, we’ll mail your membership packet to you.
- Call (208) 612-8420 if you have questions or problems when purchasing memberships. Leave a message if your call isn’t answered so we can better serve you.