Have an unforgettable time by meeting the penguins up-close and personal as you meet these charismatic birds. Your interaction includes approximately 15 minutes with a zookeeper, and, if they decide they want to cooperate, one penguin.
Saturdays and Sundays
from Memorial weekend through Labor Day weekend
Program cost is in addition to zoo admission and helps support conservation of African penguins in the wild. TPZS membership cannot be used for PIP cost.
Please Note: Maximum group size is 8 participants. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Each child under 6 must be accompanied by an adult. Children the age of 2 and under cannot participate.
- Adult (age 13+): $40
- Child (age 3-12): $30
- Ages 2 and under are not allowed
- PIP must be scheduled at least one week in advance
- Arrive at the zoo no later than 10:30am to purchase zoo admission and check in at the front entrance.
- Participants should arrive and wait at the PIP Pavilion prior to 11:00am.
- Penguins will bite! Open-toed shoes are not allowed.
- Strollers, food, bags, and other loose items are not allowed.
- Please remain seated during the entire program. Small children should be seated next to an adult who must maintain control of the child during the program.
- Do not attempt to touch any of the program penguins without direction from the keeper.
- Participants who are unwilling to abide by these rules will be asked to leave the pavilion.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our guest services team at (208) 612-8420 or email email@example.com.