Holiday Garbage Collection: Independence Day
ALL CITY RESIDENTIAL GARBAGE COLLECTION WILL BE ONE DAY BEHIND THE WEEK OF JULY 4.
The Sanitation Division provides solid waste collection and disposal for the purpose of maintaining a clean and healthy community.
The Division also maintains recycle bins around the city for the deposit of cardboard, tin, aluminum and glass. The locations of the bins can be found on the Recycle Bin Map. Recycle any items not listed on the bins by taking them to a local recycling center.
- Please DO NOT PUT BRUSH IN WASTE CONTAINERS.
- We have a mulch pile available for free for City residents. The pile is created from leaves and discarded Christmas trees.
- We will remove brush and small tree limbs if they are tied in bundles, not to exceed 4 feet long and 50 pounds in weight. Please give us a call for more information.
- For information on container size and weight and the holiday pickup schedule, click HERE. All garbage containers should be ready for pickup by 7 a.m. on their scheduled day.
- We will remove items such as water heaters, stoves, dishwashers, sofas, box springs, mattresses, etc., but this service requires that the resident call us to schedule a pickup.
- Tires and items containing Freon, such as refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners, are subject to a disposal fee by the Bonneville County Transfer Station. The resident must obtain the disposal fee amount by calling the Bonneville County Transfer Station at (208) 528-5550 and include a check payable to Bonneville County in that amount with the items to be hauled.
- The landfills and transfer station are under the direction of Bonneville County. Please click HERE or call the County at (208) 528-5550, ext. 3 for questions regarding locations, hours, and disposal of items.