Right-Of-Way Licenses & Permits

A City of Idaho Falls Public Works Right-of-Way License is required of any person engaging in the construction, placement or laying of any asphalt or concrete pavement for projects including:
  • Cable TV lines
  • Conduit
  • Curbs
  • Driveways
  • Electrical lines
  • Gas lines
  • Gutters
  • Sanitary sewer lines
  • Sidewalks
  • Storm drain lines
  • Telephone lines
  • Water lines
This also includes any other similar structure or appurtenant facilities within any street, alley, easement or other public right-of-way of the City

All excavation and construction also require a permit for the specific address affected. Permits are issued after submitting a completed application. Submit a completed and signed form via email.

On January 27, 2015, a training course was held at the City Hall Annex building to educate contractors on the upcoming code and policy changes. Access the PowerPoint Presentation Slides (PDF) from the course. View the video recording of the course