Community Development Block Grant
The City of Idaho Falls Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is administered by the Planning Department. This program is funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Over $350,000.00 is received each year to benefit low and moderate income (LMI) persons or prevent conditions of slum and blight.
Each year the city invites non-profit agencies and city departments to submit project ideas for the grant funds. City Council considers the projects to be included in the Annual Action Plan. Once HUD approves the Plan the projects are funded and initiated.
For questions, please contact Lisa Farris. If communication aids or services or other physical accommodations are needed to participate or access this meeting, please contact Ann Peterson or Lisa Farris within 24 hours of the scheduled meeting so we may accommodate your needs.
2022 CDBG Applicants
Due to the 2022-23 federal budget not being approved, we do not have an allocation amount for the 2022 CDBG plan year. To maintain our place on the City Council agendas, the dates for (2) of the tentatively scheduled CDBG public hearings have been changed so we may continue to move through the process and submit our 2022 CDBG Annual Action Plan and our 2021 CDBG CAPER (annual report) to HUD on time.
(2) Dates changes:
1. Public hearing for 2021 CDBG CAPER (annual report) moved to April 28, 2022 at 7:30 pm. A 15- day public comment period will run April 28 - May 13,2022.
2. Public hearing for 2022 CDBG Annual Action Plan moved to May 12, 2022 at 7:30 pm. A 30- day public comment will run May 12 - June 12, 2022. During this public hearing, applicants will be invited to talk briefly about their proposed projects.
Both public hearings will be held at the same location (City Council Chambers/City Annex Bldg.) located at 680 Park Ave.
I apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to work through the process.
Lisa Farris, Grant Administrator 208-612-8323
- CDBG HUD Funded Facade Improvement Program 2006-2018 (PDF)
- IPI-Idaho-Falls-Final (PDF)
- 2021-2025 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- 2016-2020 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (PDF)
- 2016 Downtown Idaho Falls Slum and Blight Study (PDF)
- 2016 Fair Housing Proclamation (PDF)
- Fair Housing Mailer (PDF)
- CDBG LMI Census Tract Map (PDF)
- Idaho 2020 Point-in-time-count-2020
- Idaho 2019 Point -in-time-count-2019
- Idaho 2016 Point In Time Count Report (PDF)
- Procurement Table Guide for Projects (PDF)
CDBG Five Year Consolidated Plans
CDBG Annual Action Plan
- DRAFT 2022 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- FY2021 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- FY2020 CDBG Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- FY2019 CDBG Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- FY2018 CDBG Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- FY2017 CDBG Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- FY 2016 CDBG Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- FY 2015 CDBG Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- FY 2014 CDBG Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- FY 2013 CDBG Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- FY 2012 CDBG Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- FY 2011 CDBG Annual Action Plan (PDF)
Comprehensive Annual Performance & Evaluation Reports (CAPER)
- DRAFT 2021 CDBG CAPER
- FY2020 CDBG CAPER (PDF)
- FY2019 CDBG CAPER (PDF)
- FY2018 CDBG CAPER (PDF)
- FY2017 CDBG CAPER (PDF)
- FY2016 CDBG CAPER (PDF)
- FY 2015 CDBG CAPER (PDF)
- FY 2014 CDBG CAPER (PDF)
- FY 2012 CDBG CAPER (PDF)
- FY 2011 CDBG CAPER (PDF)
- FY 2010 CDBG CAPER (PDF)
- 2011 CAPER Continued Project 83 and 84 (PDF)