Clean & Green Citywide Cleanup
The City of Idaho Falls will once again help residents with spring cleanup efforts during the annual Clean & Green Citywide Cleanup, beginning May 5, 2022.
Sanitation Division personnel will be available every weekend in May at different locations in Idaho Falls to help collect and dispose of unwanted items. This service provides residents with the option to bring most of their unwanted items to one location where those items will then be sorted accordingly by the Sanitation Division.
The Sanitation Division accepts household solid waste, brush, and construction waste, along with bulk items. Certain types of waste, such as demolition material, metal, tires, or large appliances are required to be disposed of differently and cannot be accepted by the Sanitation Division. See information below for more information.
CLEAN AND GREEN
During the Clean & Green event, unwanted items will be collected between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. at the following locations:
- May 5-7, Melaleuca Field on W. Elva Street
- May 12-14, Parks & Recreation maintenance building on Old Butte Road near Clarence Drive
- May 19-21 at Mel Erickson Sunnyside Park
- May 26-28, intersection of Bennett Avenue & Waid Street
The city will not be providing paper shredding services during the Clean & Green event. This service is provided locally by Western Records Destruction.
IDAHO FALLS REYCLING BINS
Idaho Falls provides thirteen (13) collection locations for recycling. Click HERE for details.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE
The Bonneville County Transfer Station, located at 2455 Hemmert Avenue, will collect and safely dispose of household hazardous waste. Accepted items include paint thinner, batteries, fertilizer, fuels, and antifreeze.
METAL, LARGE APPLIANCES, TIRES
- Metal and large appliance without Freon can be brought to Pacific Recycling, Western Recycling, or the Bonneville County Transfer Station.
- Tires and large appliances with Freon can be brought to the Bonneville County Transfer Station for a fee.
All demolition material must be disposed of at the Bonneville County Hatch Pit.
- City Map
- Follow the City of Idaho Falls on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Idaho Falls Sanitation Division, (208) 612-8491.
- Bonneville County Hatch Pit and/or Transfer Station (208) 528-5550.
Media Contact: Public Information Officer, Kerry Hammon, firstname.lastname@example.org, (208) 612-8122.